Are there water or sewer issues I should consider?

If you are connected to a municipal sewer system you may be required to upsize service and or meters to meet capacity requirements. Check County ADU Rules and talk with staff to learn more about local requirements for sewer connections. ADUs on properties with septic often need separate waste treatment and your existing system may need to be modified. Wells also may need special permits and review. Contact your Environmental Health Department early in the process. For contact information, see the Contact page.

Get all your questions answered.

Welcome to Mother Lode ADU

More coming soon!

Some of our resources are still in progress – check back frequently to see new features!

Skip to content